A PlaidCloud service update is scheduled for next Tuesday, April 10th at 2pm EST/1pm CST. During the update we attempt to keep all systems operational but there may be a brief outage as systems are restarted. The expected outage time is less than ten minutes. Please plan to complete your work outside of these hours. For global times please see below.
You might have noticed that our releases have skipped a few weeks. Due to customer requests, we have now adopted a schedule that avoids month-end weeks. This may require skipping one or two weeks of updates depending on how month-end falls as month-end processes generally cover several days before and after each month transition.
Some exciting new features are coming soon including support for SAP HANA and opening up access to other systems through JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, and RESTful interfaces. There is still a lot of work to do in these areas but we plan to roll these out in the coming months.
Have questions or looking for an update? Visit PlaidCloud Help.
Remember, you can always check the status of PlaidCloud at our Status Page.
- Workflow Step Retry is now available if the step fails. The new feature allows retrying steps multiple times and setting a delay period between retries. This is especially useful when interacting with remote systems that may not be highly available or have intermittent communication issues. The option to continue on error remains available and the two error handling options can be used in conjunction.
- SAP Remote Function Call (RFC) results can now be returned as JSON, comma delimited, tab delimited, or pipe delimited through selection in the SAP RFC configuration form. In the past, the only option was JSON.
- SAP Remote Function Call (RFC) orignally allowed value iteration within specified ranges. This often caused extra data to be returned resulting in subsequent cleansing of data to remove the extra information. A new Batch mode allows the specification of the exact query parameters required while also allowing the results from the RFC to include the query parameters. This improves the speed of query execution by removing extra results and correlates the results to the exact query parameters used. The correlation of the query parameters can also include other arbitrary data not sent into the query allowing for very rich result sets directly from the RFC.
- The Table Explorer now displays the data type icon in the data view column header for easier reference.
- Improved consistency of button theming depending on the operation. Some buttons were inconsistent after the upgrade to the new interface.
- A bug in step configuration forms that included multiple source selections could cause the entire configuration to be deleted when deleting one of the sources. This has been corrected.
- An error was raised when attempting to change the name of a User Defined Function. This has been corrected.
- The local sort capability on the Table Explorer would become disabled after a refresh. This has been corrected.
- The expression editor was producing incorrect syntax for the notin() method when clicking on the syntax shortcut. This has been corrected.
- The PlaidLink agent would apply a .zip extension to file names even when .zip was present already resulting in files with .zip.zip. This has been corrected but may impact existing workflows that are expecting the double zip name.
- The technical documentation continues to be updated to match the current set of features. It currently has few images but we will be adding those in the coming weeks.