Major Enhancements to Dimension Hierarchies
We didn’t stop with having fast and flexible dimensional hierarchies. They are now supercharged with unlimited properties that you can control with editors you define like select boxes, check boxes, text fields, etc. Layouts are user editable and can be shared with others. The hierarchy management flexibility and usability also sees major improvements. Operations, even on very large dimensions, now occur almost instantly.
While the user interface and core capabilities of the hierarchies are the big items coming in this release, even more was added to support usage from UDFs and remote operations. Dimensions can now export and load with Pandas dataframes directly. This greatly simplifies and speeds up hierarchy data processes in UDFs and remote processes.
Intermittent Error Fix Confirmation
The fixes we expedited into production last week have eliminated the root cause of the intermittent errors. We are continuing to apply more defensive measures in this release for good measure but believe the issue has been addressed.
- Data mappers with multiple tables (e.g. Inner Join, Outer Join, Anti-Join, and Lookup) now show the source table for output columns
- Data Explorer now shows the total rows within a filtered set. Previously it showed the row count currently viewable and the total rows without filters.
- Data Explorer bug fix that sometimes treated different zero notations as different zeros when viewing in the detailed counts
- Sharing project data with another project is now much simpler. Choose to allow Read and/or Write from a peer project.
- The ability to set default sorts for tables. This is applied in Data Explorer and PlaidCloud Excel Add-in retrieves.
- Data transformations are now checked for duplicate output columns. This allowed saving without errors but caused workflow run-time errors.
- The viewing of Manager and Explorer selection columns is now only visible to Architects.
- Flashback now handles config changes too. It keeps a 30 day copy of all config changes.
- Various usability and performance enhancements and bug fixes